Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Tuesday


Today! Few this is a lot of writing. To set the scene I am now in Kyoto an am waiting to eat an early dinner of Okonomiyaki ( I think I ordered a vegetarian one! Fingers crossed!). After crusing over ....km in just under three hours and arriving at Kyoto station ( I will have to take some photos to show you, it is a big complex and exciting modern building with lots and lots of escalators! I arrived at my hostel and I have to send out a big thank you to Cathy for recommending the hostel that I am staying at it is lovely. After lounging around drinking tea and updating my google map I went for a walk - which I am still on at the moment. The walk so far has taken me through the undercover food market, into a shop that only sells things that have cats on them ( that's right Stephi and shop were everything has a cat image in it!) to a cafe to drink iced coffee and I ended up having a long conversation with a very very well traveled Japanese gentleman who said he was in his sixties but I would have guessed late forties or fifties at the most! ( I want to be the Female equivalent of this guy when I older, well traveled and looking fifteen years younger then he is.)  lastly my walk has take me down a flight of very small stairs to the restaurant that I am in  now, and in perfect timing my food has arrived on the hot plate in front of me. Time to dig in!

P.s. to the best of my ability I believe it was vegetarian.  

I hope you are all well! 


          With love, 
                        Acushla 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad you liked the hostel! Reading about your travels just makes me want to go back - we really didn't get enough time to explore Kyoto.